CALL 07468 486 323
This definition covers a great number of structural repair techniques that can be utilised to repair or restrain masonry walls. Unwanted movement can occur in buildings for a great many reasons, these may include:
- Ground movement or subsidence
- Inadequately restrained or tied walls
- Movement brought on by water, ingress and timber decay into the structure
- Failed lintels or building materials
- Movement fatigue
- Mechanical impact or disturbance
In all these examples a structural surveyor may recommend some form of mechanical restraint as part of the remedial repair.
- The repair techniques that can be adopted may include the use of:
- Structural wall ties and restraints
- Embedded wall stitching
- Structural Pinning
- Resin bonding or resin beam repairs
These types of structural repairs should always be specified and supervised by a trained and competent structural engineer and any installations must be undertaken by an experienced specialist contractor. Experienced specialist contractors.
The areas we cover.
Bolton, Wigan, Preston, Manchester, Liverpool and Cheshire..